Who we are
The data controller at Happy Bird is Benbea Holdings Limited of 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU (“the Company”). If you have any questions about how we manage your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer via email at email@example.com.
How does Happy Bird collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information through any or all of the following ways:
- When you register or use Happy-Bird.com (the “Website”) or download our App (“the App”).
- When you register or use Happy Bird’s in-store WIFI (in any of its stores).
- When you contact Happy Bird by telephone or email.
- When you enter any prize draws or competitions run by Happy Bird.
- When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes.
What sort of personal information will Happy Bird collect about you?
In addition to personal details such as your name, date of birth, address, email and telephone number, Happy Bird may also collect some of the following personal information about you:
- Details of transactions you make with Happy Bird (including in-store or via the Website or App).
- Details of your shopping preferences, such as your favourite products, as well as which of our stores you prefer to shop in.
- Details of your visits to the Website, in-store WIFI or App and the resources that you access.
- Details of when you contact Happy Bird by email, post or telephone. Please note that we my keep a record of that correspondence.
- Any other information from which we can identify you (or which is available on public registers).
What does Happy Bird use your personal information for?
We will treat all your personal information as private and confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in certain circumstances, as set out below).
We confirm that any personal information which you provide to us will be held securely and in accordance with the registration that we have with the Data Commissioner’s Office. We will use and process your personal information in accordance with GDPR and the UK Data Protection Bill. The types of uses we will make of your personal information shall include the following:
- Process any orders that you make via the Website, App or in-store (please note that your details we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds etc).
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details for these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
- With your consent, retain your personal information, preferences and details of your transactions in order to keep you informed by email, post, mobile messaging, telephone and/or through other digital means including social media platforms, about products and services (including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on) offered by Happy Bird, as well as recommending those which we feel will be of particular interest to you. Please note that this may involve passing your details to carefully selected third parties who may inform you about their products or services which may be of interest to you.
- Register you on the Website, App or any in-store membership and if this involves setting you up with an account, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your account.
- Improve the content and appearance of the Website or App, to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- Assess and process your job application (we may retain a record of your information for a reasonable period of time following the end of our recruitment selection process for administration purposes).
- Administer any prize draws or competitions run by Happy Bird. Please refer to the specific terms & conditions for each prize draw or competition.
- Carry out assessment and analysis (for example market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products which we offer.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of Happy Bird, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your personal information may be disclosed to other businesses within the Company which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985. We may also disclose your personal data to third parties in the event that Happy Bird, or substantially all of its assets, is sold, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the buyer and you agree that if you have provided us with consent to contact you by email or otherwise, any such buyer shall also be deemed to have received the same consent. As mentioned above, we may also disclose your personal information to carefully-selected and monitored third parties who are engaged to help us run, manage and improve the quality of the products that Happy Bird offer, as well as for marketing and fraud and credit checking purposes. We require all the third parties that we interact with to treat your personal information as carefully and confidentially as we do.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
In circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes. Calls may also be monitored without your consent for the following circumstances: to provide evidence of a transaction; to prevent or detect a crime; to investigate the unauthorised use of a telecom system; to ensure that a business complies with regulatory procedures; to see that quality standards are being met; and in the interests of national security.
We will not keep your personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary for that purpose or for those purposes. Under data protection legislation you have the right to access information held about you. If you chose to exercise this right, then any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
How does Happy Bird store your data?
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers which are operated by our trusted providers.
Currently all the providers we use to help us provide the Website and services connected to it are located within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) but this may change in the future. Although, we will take reasonable steps to inform you of any change to our arrangements in this respect, by submitting your personal data, you agree to it being transferred to, stored and processed outside the EEA for the purposes of providing you with the services connected with this Website. We will always aim to ensure that your personal data is processed in accordance with the rules set out under European law or alternatively in accordance with other national or international legislation, systems or contractual provisions which are recognised by the European Union as being adequate to safeguard your personal data.
We will keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information was collected.
How to request copies of or update the information that we hold
You can request details of the personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR and UK Data Protection Bill by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe that we hold incorrect or incomplete information about you, please email us and we will rectify the situation.
How can I unsubscribe?
If at any point you no longer wish us to hold your personal information or you do not wish to receive information from us then there are a number of ways you can unsubscribe. These are as follows:
- You can click onto the “unsubscribe” link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication. Each “unsubscribe” link only relates to that specific type of communication (e.g. marketing communications or survey communications). This means that unsubscribing from marketing communications will not automatically unsubscribe you from our survey communications (or vice versa). Please also note that you may continue to receive communications which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your relevant unsubscribe request is being processed.
- Alternatively, you can contact our store manager by calling 0117 973 7300.
The Website and App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, including social media sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and Happy Bird does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal details to these websites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of any information via the Internet may not always be completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our Website and App and such transmission is at your own risk.